Yoga for Kids
Know a child who might benefit from yoga? Register today!
Things to know about kids classes
- Classes are run as workshops.
- LoYa is committed to serving the community and promoting the benefits of yoga for kids. All our in school classes and private group classes are offered at a reduced rate.
- LoYa can also be found in various after school enrichment programs, girl scout/ brownie meetings & cub scouts. We also support and donate to many of our local and wonderful charities in our area.
- We are also available for birthday parties or private events. Contact us to schedule a date.
- Several times a year we offer parent & child classes so always stay posted on our Facebook page for the announcement of these.
- All kids classes are at normal room temperature and do not use LoYa Heat.
Benefits Of Yoga For Kids
- Improve strength, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Improve listening skills, concentration and attention span using breathing and relaxation activities
- Improve sleep and stress/anger control
- Improve self- esteem and confidence
- Teaches self- control, respect and compassion for others
- Encourages an awareness and respect of nature and the environment
LoYa Kids (ages 7-10 years)
In our kids classes and workshops, we encourage kids to experiment with yoga postures, breathing and relaxation techniques in a non-competitive, creative, FUN and supportive environment.
We use songs, music and stories, combined with movement, to give our students a strong foundation for lifelong healthy habits and mindful awareness.
LoYaTweens (ages 11-13 years)
Yoga is a wonderful way for Tweens to build trust, self-confidence and mind body awareness.
Classes focus on teaching more challenging poses in a vinyasa flow sequence and breathing techniques for stress control.
LoYaTeens (ages 14+)
This is a basic vinyasa flow class with restorative elements and breathing techniques.
This summer look for summer camp information at the studio and Reeves Reed Arboretum.